This version is the advance version of our speedy glider - Speedo. The most significant difference is the appearance. The fuselage is very innovative color - carbon grey with sharp red color wing. The bottom of the wing is in white color. It is much easier for you to tell what direction the plane is in the air. Also, the canopy is made of carbon fiber and the front edge of the main wing covered with carbon fiber pattern covering. Its look is much smarter than before!
Also, there is one not obvious but very important improvement with the fuselage. The fuselage comes with 4 more layers or fiberglass clothes. It makes the fuselage much stronger and durable than ever before.
This glider does not come with any motor. It is ideal for slope flying! The ailerons and elevator are fully controllable. The weight of the whole glider is just about 225g (without radio gear and battery). It is very light and easy to glide in the air.
- Strengthen fuselage - with 4 more layers of fiberglass clothes.
- Excellent outlook - carbon fiber canopy and the front edge of the main wing with carbon fiber pattern covering.
- Excellent Almost Ready-to-Fly 2 Ch radio controlled Sailplane.
- The Streamlined fuselage is made of fiberglass and comes with control-rods already factory-installed.
- Conventional Rib & Spar frame structure wing and tail-surfaces, covered with quality plastic film. Easy to assemble and repair. And those wings are made of high quality of balsa wood. It provides very light weight for the whole plane.
- Easy to assemble and dis-assemble for transportation.
- Hands-off stability when trimmed properly.
- Most of necessary components(screws & servo horns) are included.
- Pre-Square-Cut Main Wing & Fuselage Mounting Screw hole
|Wing Area (dm. sq)||15.6|
|Wing Load (g / dm sq)||No|
|Fuselage Length (mm)||780|
|Wing Material||Balsa Wood|
|Fuselage Material||Epoxy Fiberglass|
|Number of Servo||3 (Optional)|
|Recommended Battery||2S LiPo (Optional)|
|Recommended Radio||2 Channel (Optional)|
|Net Weight (kg)||No|
|Cross Weight (kg)||N/A|
- The best yet.Review by Steve
This model is always in the back of my van when I go to the club or the slope and its always a pleasure to fly it, weather its blowing a gale or a gentle breeze she will just about handle anything.
Easy to put together with basic knowledge of aero modeling and RC, nothing out of the ordinary to contend with, simple and basic design.
Only problem I had with this model was the weak. under wing, fuselage construction that split the first time I flew it and upon fiber glassing that side, the other side broke.
I have since added 3 or 4 layers of fine glass cloth to the whole under wing section and have had no more problems since.
I also understand that R2Hobbies have also added several layers of glass to the design now, but I cannot confirm that its any improvement over the original design as I have not seen or tested the new one.
But for me, its the number two glider in my list right behind my 2m F3F slope, but its number one when it comes to all out fun flying..... :-) (Posted on 6/4/2014)